Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I'm washing my hair with filtered water now and here's what it's like so far

Hi guys

I was becoming worried after reading about lead and copper in pipes. I noticed sometimes when I run the bath water it starts with a coppery shade, and I let that water go first.

My house is almost 100 years old and it's quite possible that at least the connecting pieces of the lines are made of copper. The problem with lead and copper is that they can get built up in the liver and can also make hair sticky, dirty, matte, brittle, dry and brassy.

It was mostly the dryness and brassiness of my hair I wanted to avoid. I had read a great blog post of one woman who had tried so many products that she had wasted thousands of dollars until she had a water filter installed on the tap, then she suddenly had milion dollar hair.

I went to the electronics store and bought a Brite On Tap, a water filter against some polution and lead and copper, but I couldn't get it on my taps.



I must have been stupid because I couldn't understand the instructions, there were no words, just symbols. I probably should have removed something from the tap first but I couldn't find instructions anywhere. My bathroom taps were too wide, as well as the one in my hobby room and the one in the kitchen has a round head. I realised I wanted a normal filter pot instead and brought back the Brita On Tap. Although I can single handedly put Ikea furniture up, I didn't understand what the guy at the store stay about "back wire" or "clockwise wire". I have no experience with plumbing. He was very nice though to take it back and give me a coupon with which I got the normal table filter.

I bought the large one of 3,5 liters, considering it was for my hair. It has a small digital screen that will warn you when the filter needs to be changed. The filter needs to be changed faster than with the Brita On Tap. The On Tap filer only needs replacement after a few months, the pot needs replacement after a month, depending on how much it filters.



I simply have to fill the pot from the top, but filtering goes a bit slow so I can't fill it in one go. I use glasses to fill it up. I'm going to use my antique water bottle to fill up my first batch for wetting my hair so I don't have to wait too long while doing the rest of my hair.

Because, for wetting my hair, then rinsing shampoo and then rinsing conditioner I needed more than 2 full pots of the filtered water. I should have prepared a batch beforehand, because it took so long to keep filling it with glasses of water. I can't use the bottle directly as it's too heavy.

THE RESULT:

While doing my hair, my shampoo and conditioner felt a lot softer on my hair. I wasn't using my favourite products, yet they felt very luxurious. It was like I was washing my hair under a small Austrian waterfall, that's how soft and fresh the water felt. Everything lathered a lot better. Because I didn't prepare a batch, it took a while to rinse out all the conditioner, a glass or 8, but I managed to get it all out. It did feel like I should hav e used a few more glasses, I wasn't sure, my hair was so soft and slippery.

My hair was easier to blow dry, I felt like it was lighter, more soft, souple and seperated.

After straightening my hair was more shiney, soft and smooth than normal, it also felt more clean.

After a day it still feels a lot softer than usual.

I've been using anti brasiness shampoo, so I'm not sure about the anti copper effect, but I will make a picture soon after a few uses and compare it with a picture of my hair from a few months ago.

Anyway, I'll be using this method again. A large Brite table filter costs 39 euros, the filters costs around 20 for 3.

x

Helena

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar